We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
An ultra soft cloth that scents the whole house, you dream about it! It is still necessary to find the perfect softener, which preserves sensitive skin. Each problem has its solution ... What if you made your own household product? From Nathalie Cayzac's book,I do everything myself , published by Leduc editions, this grandmother recipe promises to be both ecological and economical. Quickly discover the step-by-step!
The ingredients for a home softener
- 1 dose of white vinegar - 1 dose of baking soda - 3 doses of water - 10 to 20 drops of essential oils of your choice - 1 salad bowl - 1 empty bottle
1. Use white vinegar Start by pouring a measure of white vinegar. The little tip to be sure to dose your quantities correctly? Use a jar of clean yogurt as a measure, then pour the vinegar into a bowl.
2. Add the baking soda Same principle with bicarbonate, this healthy household magician; add a dose. We do not resist the pleasure of a rapid enumeration of its qualities: delicate abrasive, it scours without scratching and descale without respite. It degreases the most common stains without attacking the support. Combined with other ingredients to make up a fabric softener, bicarbonate will soften excessively hard water, thoroughly clean and deodorize the laundry ... while itself being perfectly odorless. When we tell you that he accumulates the good points!
3. Mix your two star ingredients On contact with white vinegar, the baking soda and crackles! Do not be fooled. This reaction is completely normal and will quickly be attenuated by the addition of water.
4. Complete water measurements For a dose of bicarbonate and white vinegar, count 3 doses of water. Add them to your salad bowl.
5. Add essential oils For this part of the recipe, one watchword: treat yourself! Combine the fragrances of your choice knowing that each essential oil has its virtues. For our part, we opted for the refreshing and invigorating marriage of lemon and lavender. These essential oils are both antibacterial and antiseptic and bring a real smell of clean linen. From a more pragmatic point of view, they are also the easiest oils to find on the market, at affordable prices moreover.
6. The alternative to essential oils: flowers Even if it means making a natural recipe, why not go all the way? You can replace essential oils and white vinegar with a maceration of plants. Lilac, rose, verbena, lavender, buttercup, rosemary ... again, the choice is vast. Place the still fresh flowers in a jar, cover them with white vinegar and let them macerate for at least a month. Filter and it's done!
7. Mix your natural product Mix everything before pouring it into a glass or plastic bottle with stopper. Our advice: use a funnel if you don't want to put it everywhere and lose your precious mixture!
How to use your DIY fabric softener?
As you will quickly notice, you will need to systematically shake your home softener before each use because the bicarbonate accumulates at the bottom of the bottle. Then, do not pour it directly on the linen but in the dedicated fabric softener.
It's your turn !