We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tip # 1: create a midges trap
For get rid of midges quickly and efficiently, make a homemade insect trap! To do this :
- Take a glass jar with a lid.
- Drill the cover a few holes with a screwdriver or a knife.
- Pour a little apple cider vinegar in the bottom of the jar and wait.
The midges, very attracted by the smell of vinegar, will go into the container and will be blocked there. To maximize the effect of this trick, you can also add lemon to your vinegar: you will have a chance to trap even more insects!
Tip n ° 2: eradicate midges from your pipes
If midges have taken up residence in your pipes, a grandmother's tip to get rid of them is to pour coffee grounds into your kitchen sink. Then run very hot water. Unfortunately for them, it will be impossible for them to return to the surface, while your pipes will be cleaned at the same time.
Clean pipes and no gnats, what more could you ask for?
Tip # 3: put a cork in a fruit basket to keep the midges away
It may seem improbable, but cork repels midges because they have a sensitive smell and can not stand the smell. To get rid of midges in a kitchen, place a cork cut in half in your fruit basket. The icing on the cake: this will also prevent them from rotting at the same time.
Tip 4: draw the black soap
Gnats have taken up residence in your green plants? No worries, there is black soap to scare away unwanted people! Here is the recipe:
- Start by diluting a tablespoon of black soap in a liter of warm water
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda to the mixture
- Mix well, pour the liquid into a spray bottle, and spray your plants to get rid of midges!
- This tip will also allow you to fight against potential aphids.
Bonus: 4 tips to avoid midges
Since prevention is better than cure, the best way to get rid of midges is to prevent them from coming to your home! Here are some great tips for prevent insect invasions of all kinds during the summer:
- Put the food in the fridge. To avoid attracting mosquitoes, the first rule to follow is not to leave food on your work surface: so remember to keep cheese and other fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator.
- Store supplies in jars. The advice will also be useful for cockroaches and food mites: store all your food in airtight glass jars so that they do not attract any insects! And what's more, your cupboards will be super tidy! *
- Do not leave dirty dishes lying around! Whether in the sink, on the worktop or elsewhere, do not leave dirty dishes lying around in summer, and take the reflex to do it automatically at the end of the meal.
- Don't forget to clean your trash. Black soap or baking soda, choose your side! But don't forget to clean your trash regularly so that odors don't attract midges.